Advertising on radio is a fantastic way to reach new and existing customers.
As a medium which is available at home, work, in the car and on the move, radio enables targeted advertising of your products and services to local people. Advertising with 105.9 Bishop FM is a unique yet affordable option for any business.
An advertising campaign doesn’t have to be one commercial which is heard several times a day. We can tailor a package on air and on our website to suit your business and what you hope to achieve from advertising.
On Air Advertising
Your commercial can be heard throughout the day on Bishop FM. We offer a range of flexible on air packages, and will ensure your commercial sounds just right with a professional script and creative audio from an experienced producer.
We can also ensure your message is heard by listeners who are most likely to be interested in what you have to say.
Advertising online, either with an on air radio campaign or independently, is a good way of connecting local people with your website or social media presence. We offer a range of ad sizes and placements on bishopfm.com.
Many businesses now maintain a Facebook page and Twitter account. We can create exciting campaigns and opportunities through social media to ensure your message stands out.
Sponsorship, Promotions and Competitions
When we’re in the car or walking to the train station we want to know what’s happening on the roads and whether the train is on time. What the weather is doing can inform our decisions, and almost everyone has a favourite genre of music. Research shows that radio builds loyalty and trust, and listeners think of their favourite station as a friend or companion.
This means sponsoring a programme on Bishop FM gives you an opportunity to align your company and brand with our programmes and features. Being the sponsor of the weather, traffic and travel bulletins, entertainment update or what’s on guide is a unique chance to integrate your brand with highly relevant content.
Reasons to advertise on radio
- Only cinema advertising has lower ad avoidance than radio advertising. Listeners are less likely to avoid adverts in the way they might with newspaper adverts and television commercials.
- Radio advertising allows you to target your message. Schedule commercials and sponsorship around relevant content and at key times of day.
- Radio creates a “share of mind” for brands. As radio commercials are broadcast regularly, and listeners tend to spend a long time listening each week, a brand on radio can create a larger “share of mind” than its competitors.
- Online, radio drives a response. At any given time, a fifth of internet users are listening to the radio, just a click away from your website or Facebook page.
Radio enables relevancy, and reaches people at different times and places.
- Advertising is 60% more likely to be recalled when it’s relevant to the listener’s other activity (e.g. driving, browsing the internet).
- Radio is considered a friend. Listeners tend to use radio for company, which leads to radio being seen as a friend. Just like a recommendation from a friend or word of mouth, this can be quite effective in forming purchase decisions.
Keeping listeners on the road
When Nationwide Tyre & Exhaust Service Centre opened on Peel Street in Bishop Auckland they turned to Bishop FM to create an on air campaign that would drive people to their new business.
We worked with the business and our creative producers to come up with a commercial which would communicate the opening of the garage in a memorable way.
“The advert is ‘first class’ and I’m seeing lots of familiar friendly faces coming back and lots of new customers. When I’m out and about everyone is shouting to me ‘Billy’s Back!!’.”
Since advertising on Bishop FM the company has seen their sales more than double in a few months.
Local and national advertisers see benefits
Large and small businesses have recognised the value of advertising on local radio.
ASDA in Bishop Auckland ran a campaign over several months around the ASDA Price Guarantee. Working with ASDA’s media planners we were able to schedule a commercial which was immediately recognisable whilst having a local message.
Worldwide car rental provider Enterprise Rent-a-Car chose Bishop FM to raise awareness of their new premises in West Auckland. A professional commercial was produced with key information about their location and offers.
The Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant offers a warm friendly welcome to business and leisure guests. A well known venue, the hotel was looking to raise awareness of their Sunday carvery.
“We have been advertising with Bishop FM since October 2010 and we’ve been happy with the friendly service and quality of the adverts. We chose 105.9 Bishop FM as it covers the area that we want to attract customers from and we always support local groups and businesses”
Other businesses to advertise with Bishop FM include Domino’s Pizza, Taylor Wimpey Homes, South Durham Enterprise Agency, Furness Windows, Bishop Auckland FC Function Suite, D. Ward Automotive, Atlas Taxis, Holiway’s Ford, Shildon Civic Hall, Specialist Timber, Veriwel Garden Services, Subway and The Enterprise Arcade (InShops).