Why Use Radio Advertising?
Reasons to use radio for your next advertising campaign
Only cinema advertising has lower ad avoidance than radio advertising. We’ve compiled some reasons to consider radio advertising for your next campaign.
- Radio advertising allows you to target your message. With 105.9 Bishop FM you can advertise to listeners Bishop Auckland, Crook and Shildon, and different types of listeners through programme sponsorship.
- Ad avoidance is low for radio. Listeners are less likely to avoid adverts in the way they might with newspaper adverts and television commercials.
- Radio creates a “share of mind” for brands. As radio commercials are broadcast regularly, and listeners tend to spend a long time listening each week, a brand on radio can create a larger “share of mind” than its competitors.
- Online, radio drives a response. At any given time, a fifth of internet users are listening to the radio, just a click away from your website or Facebook page.
- Radio enables relevancy, and reaches people at different times and places. Advertising is 60% more likely to be recalled when it’s relevant to the listener’s other activity (e.g. driving, browsing the internet).
- Radio is considered a friend. Listeners tend to use radio for company, which leads to radio being seen as a friend. Just like a recommendation from a friend or word of mouth, this can be quite effective in forming purchase decisions.
If you have any questions about using radio advertising, don’t hesitate to contact us today and find out how it could help your business.