These awards seek to recognise the talent and commitment of local individuals, coaches, volunteers, clubs and schools for their contribution to sport and physical activity.
During this Olympic and Paralympics year there is some exceptional work happening in local clubs and communities and we would like to encourage you to nominate members of your club or organisation that deserve recognition in the following award categories:
· Coach of the Year (over 21)
· Young Coach of the Year (21 or under)
· Sports Club of the Year
· Junior Sports Club of the Year
· Sporting Achievement of the Year (over 21)
· Young Sporting Achievement of the Year (21 or under)
· Contribution to Sport (named the ‘Join In’ Award for 2012 as part of Durham County’s Olympics and Paralympics campaign)
· Physical Activity Achievement of the Year
· Contribution to Physical Activity
· Volunteer of the Year (over 21)
· Young Volunteer of the Year (21 or under)
· Primary School Contribution to PE and School Sport
· Secondary School Contribution to PE and School Sport
As in previous years, nominations will be judged through an independent selection panel against other nominees within the Durham Dales area and those who are successfully shortlisted will be invited along with a guest to attend the local celebratory awards evening.
Nominations can be made via http://www.countydurhamsport.com/events/award-scheme and the closing date is 31st August 2012.